[TenTec] Re: Orion tx audio

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Orion tx audio
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:24:27 +0000

Okay, thanks; I understand now. All these new SDR radios have great sounding tx audio as far as I am concerned.

Rob
K5UJ

From: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@hotmail.com>
To: tentec@contesting.com
CC: k5uj@hotmail.com
Subject: Orion tx audio
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:50:09 +0000

I wonder if Orion owners, in getting a better reading of peak power on the meter, are operating at proper audio levels and sound better for it. If other rigs' meters only bounce up to around 50% of actual peak power, some hams may not think their rigs are putting out, therefore, all knobs clockwise; full speed ahead with the resulting overdrive and bad sounding audio.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ