[TenTec] Omni 6+ / Inrad SSB mod

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6+ / Inrad SSB mod
From: KD7EFQ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:36:00 EST
Hello all,  I am once again considering doing the Inrad audio improvment mod
to my Omni 6+. I discussed it with Tentec, and they claim it will reduce the
selectivity some. I am going to change C3, C29, R38 and install the 2.8 filter
in the 6.3 IF, but before putting the 2.8 filter in the 9mhz If, I would like
to know if by retaining the 2.4 & 1.8 filters in the N-1 & N-2 slots,
does it really make any difference in the selectivity as long as I can retain
the capability to switch back to narrower filters?  I am a SSB op and spend
very little time on CW.  I just want fuller audio quality than the thin "
Communications Grade" audio. Also,  with people not adhering to the 3khz
spacing
rule on most bands these days, I wonder if I will really notice losing
anything.
Any help is appreciated. 73 Todd   KD7EFQ@aol.com