Re: [TenTec] SSB Bandwidth, readability, power, etc.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SSB Bandwidth, readability, power, etc.
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 20:02:09 +0000
Well, it's certainly possible to get poor TX audio out of the Orion, but having
a fellow within eyeball range - yet far enough away so his rig's not overloaded
- critique your audio does help. After the settings were down on my cheat sheet
all the audio reports have been outstanding. Mikes in use here on the Orion
include a Ten Tec 705, Turner 252, and Sure 55.

They take vastly different settings but they all get good audio reports. At
least with my voice, which has been compared to a gravel truck dumping a load.

I suspect those rough audio reports are due to high mike gain with too narrow
TX bandwidth. At least, that's the reports I got during the initial setup
procedure.