RE: [TenTec] Re: E-HAM Reviews

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Re: E-HAM Reviews
From: "Rick Westerman" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:00:44 +0100
Mario, what's your point?

In the LX7A operation, all of the amps were standard ham amps
(most made in USA) and some only put out 1000w!

I didn't personally operate the CN8W station but I personally
know almost all of the guys that did.  They didn't go out and buy
a bunch of high-power amps.  They took their own personal amps
along with them, which are standard amps like the 1500w Alpha
varieties and TL-922.

The CN8W operation was video taped and then distributed worldwide
on tape, CD, and DVD.  I'll watch the video again and see if I
can spot anything suspicious, but I believe we'll find they were
"clean" on that front.

And by the way, we're discussing transceivers here, specifically
their receivers.

The TS-850 is only in mid-field in the ARRL test results.
All the power in the world won't help if you can't hear much.

"My point" was that there are many other factors in a successful
multi-multi operation that are just as important as the rig you
are using - in fact probably more important.

73
Rick