[TenTec] Repost for Bill about Orion and listing of competitive rigs.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Repost for Bill about Orion and listing of competitive rigs.
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:51:05 -0500
        Paul, excuse me but please read what KC1SX just posted,
after all, he's the guy who did the actual ARRL tests:

http://dayton.akorn.net/pipermail/tentec/2003-December/040429.html

KC1SX:
The innermost points of the swept graphs has been 1 kHz
as long as I have been doing the testing (since May 1997).

W4ZV:
This clearly includes the K2 which was done in 2000.

WA6HHQ:
For his K2 pre-amp on 1 kHz IMDDR3 number
of 66 dB Bill made the mistake of using a data point on the graph that
appears to be -inside- the 500 Hz crystal filter, not 1 kHz away.

KC1SX:
Contrary to a couple of posts, the points shown are
*never* inside the passband of the filters - just inside
the skirts.

        I'll be happy to have Eric and Michael settle this,
but for the time being, I'm believing the guy who actually
did the tests and has the actual data.  I believe what he
just posted and what I posted originally ARE consistent.

73, Bill W4ZV