Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Extended Report - IF Gain

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Extended Report - IF Gain
From: N0KHQ@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:30:23 EST
TT sets the IF Gain on the Jupiter to 50millivolts at a S9 on the meter.

Increasing the IF Gain on the Jupiter increases the receiver sensitivity by
about 20db.
Control of the increased IF is accomplished by adjustment of the RF Gain
control. I typically run my RF Gain control at 78%.
The RF Gain is decreased to a point where the noise is minimal with no signal
reduction in the transmitted audio.
Look at it as a receiver preamplifier.
I'm sure that there will be plenty of comments on this subject.......just
don't knock it until you've tried it.

This simple mod is also available on the Peg.

Happy Holidays Group

73
John / N0KHQ / St. Louis

Always on 17M
Antennas:
You can build 'em better than you can buy 'em.
Visit: http://www.hamuniverse.com/antennas.html
        http://www.cebik.com/n0khq.html