Re: [TenTec] Delta or Delta 2 specifications?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Delta or Delta 2 specifications?
From: Steve Weber <kd9bo@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:02:41 -0600
Paul, I have owned a Delta II for years and really like it. I replaced the display backlight panel with one cut from a manufacturer's engineering sample kit and it works quite well even though it's not as bright as my aging eyes would like.

My guess is that the Delta II was Ten-Tec's answer to the Kenwood 430/440 and if that is true, it beats the socks off of the Kenwood.

My only complaint is the layout of the numeric key pad. It is beyond my comprehension why they used a layout other than the two standards - calculator and telephone. I have never gotten used to the keypad and mutter under my breath every time I use it. grumble grumble.

The Delta nothing is a completely different animal and I have no experience with it.

Hope this helps.

--

Steve Weber, KD9BO
kd9bo@mac.com

*******************************

Hey spammers - Harvesting email addresses? Don't overlook these guys!

FCC Chairman Michael K. Powell: mpowell@fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Kathleen Q. Abernathy: kabernat@fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Michael J. Copps: mcopps@fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Kevin J. Martin: kjmweb@fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Jonathan S. Adelstein: jadelste@fcc.gov

US Postal Service: customer@email.usps.gov
Fraud Watch: fraudinfo@psinet.com
Federal Trade Commission: consumerline@ftc.gov
Federal Trade Commission: uce@ftc.gov

When promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical and psychological observations, beware of platitudinous ponderosity. Let your verbal evaporations have lucidity, intelligibility, and veracious vivacity without rodomontade or thespian bombast. Sedulously avoid all polysyllabic profundity, pompous propensity, and sophomoric vacuity.