Re: [TenTec] TT Orion: Also SEMI-BK-IN possible ?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT Orion: Also SEMI-BK-IN possible ?
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 18:40:57 EST
In a message dated 12/27/03 6:18:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dh0ghu@dh0ghu.de writes:
>>Of course I agree with Jack that on HF, QSK is an abolute must for
reliable operation. It has nothing to do with PTT: Be sure, I'll not use
a PTT for CW contesting, I only have two hands, one for the PC, one for
the keyer, that's all...)<<

If I understand, you seem to consider PTT to be Phoot To Talk.  PTT line is
used by computer to switch system from receive to transmit and vice versa. With
bunch of equipment like amplifiers and switching systems for radios and
antennas, precise control of PTT signal timing allows to fine tune the system,
eliminate hot switching, millions of unnecessary cyclings and unnecessary
delays
as experienced with semi-BK. We do not use PTT for foot switch type control by
real feet.

Yuri, K3BU