Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI & 1210 2M Transverter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI & 1210 2M Transverter
From: "Gary Zimmet" <GZimmet@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 12:47:45 -0500
Dennis,
I use my Omni VI Opt3 as an IF (10M) interfaced with a Yeasu FT-901R
transverter for 6m through 432Mhz.  I tried to make it "idiot proof" regarding
drive power and switching.  It has worked so far!

I have installed a mini DPDT relay and multi-turn pot in the OMNI that is
energized when the transverter is on.  When the relay is de-energized (for HF)
power control of the OMNI is normal --when energized, the multi-turn pot does
the power control for the transverter.

Gary, WA8TJL