RE: [TenTec] Omni 6+ Input vs Output power?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Omni 6+ Input vs Output power?
From: "Rick Westerman" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 01:42:19 +0100
MIKE, BE CAREFUL

Yes, the current consumption varies from band to band and when
limiting to 20A, you may not always get 100w out.

However, the 962 is incorporated in the protection circuitry of
the Omni VI+ and has over-current shutdown (which I'm sure you
have already experienced).    If you use a non-T-T P.S., you need
to insert an external automatic circuit breaker in the line.
These things typically come in values of 15A or 20A - dunno if
you can get one for 22A.  Without this circuit breaker, you run a
HIGH RISK of blowing your final transistors.  DON'T SAY WE DIDN'T
TELL YOU if you blow the things!

I recommend returning to using the Model 962 and forget about the
missing 10 watts on some bands.  It will never be noticed in any
QSO.

73
Rick