Re: [TenTec] Re: New Titan 3 DOA, CONCERNS

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: New Titan 3 DOA, CONCERNS
From: Kc9cdt@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:28:16 EST
Sounds just like all that happened is too long of screws were used in the
asm. of that Titan (Others?).

I have through the years seen bugs like this, I was an IBM service rep for
many years, and have done electronic repairs on many HAM units as well since
the
early 60's.

Here is the deal:

1) These type of bugs...CAN BE INTERMITTENT, depending on: Temperature,
physical position on the table, even power line voltage, moisture level etc.

2) Sounds like this failure, for what ever reason did not fail at TT in the
shop.

3) DO NO RELY ON THAT TAPE FOR A PERMANENT FIX! With time, small vibration
etc. etc. you may get an intermittent short again!

4) The correct solution is SHORTER SCREWS, Hopefully TT told you that?

5) Did those screws get put in there by human error ,,,, one time. Or do they
need to get out on the assembly line to be sure people are not substituting
the wrong screws!

Just my 2 cents worth, hope it helps you and TT.

Lee, KC9CDT