Re: [TenTec] Re: Pegasus discontinued

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: Pegasus discontinued
From: Duane Grotophorst <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 09:14:20 -0800 (PST)
Hopefully it means that there is a Pegasus II in the
works, you know the one with the 24-bit A to D plus
32-bit DSP of the Orion and Ethernet interfacing.
Additionally with 2 or so optional narrow roofing
filter slots in the IF chain. And of course the
exceptionally clean synthesizer of the Orion.

I does however surprise me a little that TT is
discontinuing the Peg since it does share such high
degree of parts/design commonality with the Jupiter.
The additional marginal costs for the unique to the
Pegasus parts I would think are rather low. The
Jupiter after all is more or less just a superset of
the Pegasus.

Duane
N9DG