Re: [TenTec] TenTec MIC for Scout

To: larrylg1@roamer.net, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec MIC for Scout
From: Bob Stephens <bstephens1@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 17:58:18 -0500
Larry

I own a 701 and a D104. The audio section of a Scout is a bit on the bassy side. When coupled with the 701 it gives a rather warm audio that is pleasant, but depending on your voice, can get lost in the QRN/QRN. Folks on the other side of my signal tell me they prefer the crisper sound of my D104. (Astatic also makes a handheld D104) .

Have fun with whatever you choose,
Bob KB1CIW
Scout & Corsair