Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI Question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI Question
From: Jim <jlboockh@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:30:55 -0600
My Omni V+ Upgrade 3 maintains memory contents even when the power supply has been off for an extended period of time. I bought the rig new about 10 years ago. I haven't replaced the battery, but Ten Tec might have when it went back to them in 2000.

It might be worth it for you to invest in a new battery.

Jim N4AL

Rick Westerman wrote:

How long does the built-in battery keep data saved to the OMNI
VI's memory?

I'm referring to stuff like the clock's time, and other menu
settings.

If I turn my power supply off overnight, the next day the OMNI
has forgotten everything.
If I leave the power supply on and only turn the OMNI off, all is
OK.
If I turn the power supply off for only a short while, all is
still OK.

It seems to me my OMNI VI has always behaved this way.
Is this normal, or should the info normally remain in memory much
longer?

Thanks for any comments.

73
Rick