Re: [TenTec] 80 m Novice Band? <<Off Topic>>

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 80 m Novice Band? <<Off Topic>>
From: Curt Krelic <k3ey@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:13:25 -0800 (PST)
Yes. That was strange?

al_lorona@agilent.com wrote:

This is an operating topic rather than a Ten Tec-specific topic.

Do you remember a couple of years ago when the 80 meter Novice band was
shifted down by 25 kHz to 3675 - 3725 kHz? I had thought that that was
done in preparation for expanding the phone band by 25 kHz, but that
never happened. I guess I was wrong, although I clearly remember an ARRL
survey being taken to get suggestions. The result is that 3725 - 3750 is
a kind of a no-man's land. I have not heard a single station there in
almost a year.

Al W6LX

Thank you for the bandwidth for this off-topic post.