[TenTec] Re: Jupiter/Centurion relay noise...

To: "Ten Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Jupiter/Centurion relay noise...
From: "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:43:44 -0600
Asked,

"Im hearing a relay in the Jupiter following my CW keying only when
using my
Centurion amplifier. Is this normal? I don't hear any such relay noise
barefoot nor in any other mode using the amp.
In CW, with the amp, the keying loop is on with no delay in either menu
item. The TX EN and Out are wired as instructed. I dont run the amp much
when on CW and I never really noticed it until someone else mentioned
they
were getting relay noise on CW even with no amp. I couldnt get my
Jupiter to
have any relay noise until I turned the amp on. I tried this both low
and
higher power and with the dummy load and on any antenna on all bands.
The question is should there be relay noise in the Jupiter when using a
compatible QSK amp?"

Ben,

You must be hearing the keyed relays in the Centurion, not in the
Jupiter. It's normal.

73,  Roy    K6XK