[TenTec] Re: [Ten-Tec] Orion Antenna Tuner

To: jkelly@HiWAAY.net, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: [Ten-Tec] Orion Antenna Tuner
From: Jim Miller <k4sqr@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:13:43 -0500
Ten-Tec rigs have not required tuners since their inception some 30 years
ago.
If one has a tuner requirement, their external tuners perform a better
match range than an internal models.
And if one uses an amplifier, the internal tuner is wasted as Buck
commented in his post. The JA rigs use a different circuit, and required
tuners to match the older amplifiers before tuned inputs became standard.

Altho I own the classic 2KW #253 Auto-tuner, it is not in line with the
Omni VI Plus/Titan Gold amplifier station, since all current antennas are
resonant with 50 ohm coax.

73 to all,

Jim Miller, K4SQR
www.comteksystems.com