Re: [TenTec] Orion Power Out Problems

To: "Ten-Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Power Out Problems
From: "john, ke5c" <ke5c@hot.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:43:48 -0600
> Have seen mention of spontaneous, sudden, without
> warning, loss of power out episodes in the Orions.
> They are resolved (at least mine are) by power
> off/on cycle. I am assuming this is a software not
> hardware issue, am I right?  Seemingly not related
> to SWR. I seem to remember (can't find the message
> right now), that some folks think it is linked to use
> of SWEEP function. Has that been confirmed?

if your sweep was on, this is a known gremlin they are trying to track down,
1.367 included.  when it has happened to me, i noticed the indicated swr was
like 5 or 6:1.  after power cycling, this fault clears.  if you have this
happen to you again, you might note the swr - or any other anomoly that
might contain a clue for tentec - and e-mail that information to them.  i
was also pushing buttons to change the audio settings, vfo's, and antennas
around at the time in the cq160 contest.  they'll catch it.

73, john