Re: [TenTec] Orion hookup questions

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion hookup questions
From: nq5t@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 03:22:32 +0000
Using the QSK keying loop will absolutely, positively prevent hot keying your
amp.  It does what it's supposed to do.

The accesssory connector is a holdover from times before the firmware supported
the FSK connection (and some other things).  It's easy enough to wire your own,
with connector types on the cable ends that match whatever you need.  I think
that's a better option than using the breakout cable supplied, with one more
connector to cause potential problems, in any case.

Grant/NQ5T