[TenTec] Omni VI built-in keyer

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI built-in keyer
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 17:51:47 -1000
Hi all,

I have an Omni VI with the option 2 upgrade. I cannot send good CW with the built-in keyer. I have tried both mode A and mode B (I CODE in MENU 2) and neither suits me. I think the problem is a lack of dit and dah memories, which I have grown accustomed to using the Logikey K-3. I am considering buiding a K-3 into the Omni VI. I wonder if anyone else has already been down this road. I have not been able to find the KEYER SPEED pot on any of the schematics for the Omni VI, although I do see the keyer paddle jack and the wiring path to the 80C32 chip. Does anybody know where I can find that pot in the schematics, or what value it is.

Thanks, Ken N6KB