[TenTec] Omni V reset

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V reset
From: "Paul DeWitte K9OT" <k9ot@mhtc.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:00:20 -0600
I used Peg's (KB9LIE) Omni V in the CQ 160 CW contest. I ran into a problem
that to hear people calling me, or to work a station calling CQ I had to
work split. To hear people calling me I had to listen up about 150hz.

When answering someone calling CQ I had very poor luck getting them working
transceive. That was before I discovered that I had to listen on one
frequency and transmit on another.

It was suggested that a reset may cure this. The Omni V manual is not very
clear about how to do this. Do you just push the reset while the radio is
turned on, or do you turn it off and hold the reset in while turning it on
as with some other rigs?

Has anyone had this offset problem where you had to go split to work CW?
Sure is a pain in the rear for search and pounce mode.

Thanks!

73 de Paul K9OT in SW Wisconsin