[TenTec] Orion / Writelog key stays down

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion / Writelog key stays down
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 14:10:50 EST
I had everything set up all nice and pretty with my Yaesu Field but I am now
trying to set up the Orion.

I get a constant key down when I key the on the DTR line (which I am using to
key the CW).  It will release when I manually hit the paddles.  The Orion
does not use the DTR line and Writelog uses it for computer generated keying.

Yes, I have the PTT on "no" both in the COMM PTT and the CW PTT.  I have
tried using com 1 from the serial port and com 4 from a USB to serial
adapter.  I
have tried controlling both the rig and CW with the same port (which worked
before). I have tried controlling the rig with one and the CW with the other.

All the configurations will follow the rig but all of them give me a steady
key down when I try to use the computer generated keying.  All release when I
manually hit the paddles.  TUNE will release if I hit the ESC key and then
the
manual key.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Radio k4ia