[TenTec] Orion AVC

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion AVC
From: Barry N1EU <n1eu@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:11:49 -0800 (PST)
>AGC DECAY can be kept at 5 dB/s with AGC HANG time at
0.30 - 1.00 seconds.

W4ZV asked "I have not played with such high settings
of Hang and played with this on some very weak signals
on Topband this morning.  Based on my limited use, it
does seem to help.  Could you explain the theory
behind this?"

Bill, Sinisa and I both responded with the same
suggestions to the original question which concerned
ssb reception.  I assume the hang is a delay before
the onset of AGC decay and .3-1 sec is a good
guideline for ssb.

73,
Barry N1EU