Re: [TenTec] RE: More Orion redefines the meaning of ... AGC OFF

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RE: More Orion redefines the meaning of ... AGC OFF
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 02:36:02 +0000
Well, since Al has resurrected that topic, I have asked a couple of JA's and
gotten the same response I would have to give. Not heard on air. So at least
for now it's still vaporware.

This for a rig that was supposed to be out in November or December. From a
company famous for delivering all these highly complex projects on time; and
whose equipment works first time every time and keeps on working forever. Which
ain't what I hear on the grapevine.

As far as price is concerned I hear the JA rumor mill has the IC-7800 pegged at
1.1 million Yen. Divide by today's exchange rate of 105.5 Yen to the buck, add
a bit for transport and warranty and US dealers profit - and your guess is
probably as good as mine. But if price follows true to form it will likely be
above $11,000 at your friendly ham store.

And finally, as far as performance is concerned - the published specs give me
cause for concern. Nuff said.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E