Re: [TenTec] Will Orion be Ten-Tec's Last?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Will Orion be Ten-Tec's Last?
From: tongaloa <tongaloa@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:27:53 -0500
John Rippey wrote:

When a company loses its brainiest employee (Doug Smith), it's time for black crepe, it seems to me, rather than sentiments such as he won't be missed because his work was done. One thing Smith's departure shows is how difficult it is to recruit and retain top-notch talent in locations such as East Tennessee. Virginia Tech, located not far from Sevierville in Blacksburg, Virginia, has the same recruiting/retention problems for its engineering faculty. Appalachia is not Austin, Texas, or northern Virginia, if you get my drift.

Imagining a bucket hanging from a fishermans scale. Each TT employee plops his gob of gray (gravy) in the bucket while a green visored clerk sporting armbands, and an acetate collar on a striped shirt, dutifully records the reading on greensheets on an old metal clipboard. Personally I'd rather live in East TN.

Who designed the RX320. IMO, it's a very elegant design and quite a radio for the $.

-bob