RE: [TenTec] BPL and Today's New York Times

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] BPL and Today's New York Times
From: Steve Weber <kd9bo@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:48:29 -0600

All I can say is Lotsa Luck.

I'm not betting on anything concerning defense and security. Not after the company I used to work for was acquired and moved to China by the son-in-law of Deng Xaiopeng with Chinese military funding. We were the only facility outside of Asia CAPABLE of making the the rare-earth magnets used in the guidance system servos for smart bombs and cruise missiles. Two members of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence tried unsuccessfully to stop the move.

Guess where the components come from now? And I mean NOW, not sometime in the future.

Hi Jim,

We can bet that the first time BPL disrupts or compromises radio
communications critical to national security or defence, the FCC will
"reconsider".

Cheers for now, 73,
Adam VA7OJ/AB4OJ

Steve Weber

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

*******************************

Hey spammers - Harvesting email addresses? Don't overlook these guys!

FCC Chairman Michael K. Powell: mpowell@fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Kathleen Q. Abernathy: kabernat@fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Michael J. Copps: mcopps@fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Kevin J. Martin: kjmweb@fcc.gov