RE: [TenTec] Fw: Orian Update

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Fw: Orian Update
From: "Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:07:36 -0500
I recommend a Master Reset after every firmware update. This can be made
easy by setting up the radio with your favorite starting parameters
(including all menu settings, memories and band registers) and saving them
in User 1 or User 2. When you do the Master reset, do not clear the user
memories. After the master reset completes and the radio comes up, just push
the User 1 or User 2 button to reload your favorite settings.

73, Dick WC1M

<mailto:tentec-request@contesting.com?subject=subscribe>
        <mailto:tentec-request@contesting.com?subject=bscribe>

Mark,

My experience with the n.b. on my VI/3 has been that it works in some cases
and not in others.
I would think that any non-random pulsing noise would be the same but
apparently that is not so.
I have had both kinds.  the n.b. seems to be most effective with weaker and
what sounds to my ear, shorter duration pulses.  If a nearby line starts
arcing and the pulsing noise is loud and the pulse duration sounds long,
(i.e. not a popping ignition type sound) then the n.b. is worthless. I am no
dsp expert at all so my theory, which is that it has trouble with a
pulse that has a drawn out rise and fall with perhaps not much decay before
the next rise, may be wrong.

Rob/K5UJ