[TenTec] Re: OMNI 6 Display glitch

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: OMNI 6 Display glitch
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:30:51 -0800 (PST)
Hi Pete,

This is the kind of issue that I was considering,
thanks for the suggestion. The rig is new here and
we're shaking it down. I was convinced after the ARRL
DX contest that the PA drivers were weak and we'd need
a trip to the factory for repair. 80 watts on 10
meters folding back to 75 on the yagi. It did not make
sense to me that they would ship a new rig to me with
low output!

But I was running an Astron 35A with a rather long
lead plus an Airpax in line. I later hooked up my 961
supply as an experiment and full power returned. I
suppose it could have been the connector as easily as
the cord itself at the root of the problem.

Thanks again,
Don Rasmussen WB8YQJ/6 ..

I cleaned the pins with contact cleaner, then used an
ice pick to slightly tighten the female (fixed to the
rig) power connector a bit. Tight enough to make me
use some muscle to get the plug end seated! No further
lamp or display  dimming.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E