Re: [TenTec] Delta II Display

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Delta II Display
From: "Joseph Trombino Jr" <w2kj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 23:59:42 -0500
From: "Curt Krelic" <k3ey@yahoo.com>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 4:51 PM
Subject: [TenTec] Delta II Display

> Thought I would write the list because I asked the question where to find
a display fix information on here for my Delta II and received many
ended up getting two from ALL ELECTRONICS shipped from CA to PA for $18.
Bought two thinking I may screw one up. It was a snap taking 15 minutes to
install and now I have a spare. Also replaced the battery backup so now I
have an as new Delta II to play with, it's a neat radio, neater than I
imagined it would be!

> Tnx for the help....Curt/k3ey

Howdy Curt:

I replaced the backlighting element in my ARGO II (5w version of the Delta
II) a few years ago with an element I bought from TenTec.

Only problem is my element electrodes show up thru the window causing black
spots behind the "S" in SWR and "R" in the RF on the left side of the
readout.  Did your element cause the same to happen or is it a perfect
fit???

What was your new source of backlighting material???

                                                73, Joe W2KJ