[TenTec] Problem updating Jupiter firmware

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Problem updating Jupiter firmware
From: Nick Yokanovich <k3ny@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 18:26:20 -0500
I finally got around to installing 1.26 on my Jupiter. Wish maybe I hadn't.
Everything seemed to be going well when a popup window announced the computer had lost communications with the radio. About 1650 lines of the update (1800+ lines) had passed through when it quit. The Jupiter screen is now a jumble, and master resets do not work.

Computer used: HP Omnibook (only one in the house with a serial port). Was transfering using COM 1, tried other COMs but still no communications. Checked all the cables, all solid.

Any ideas?

73
Nick K3NY
Arnold, MD