RE: [TenTec] The Tea Party

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] The Tea Party
From: "Larry Greenberg N5BEA" <larrylg1@excite.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 00:50:59 -0500 (EST)

There are a couple points that must be considered. The fun is over.  Time to
dump the tea in the bay.  1. Need.. Or in other words,, Why? Dial up is getting
faster, cheaper and almost universally available.  DSL has become widely
available and still inexpensive.  I get mine from the phone co. for $26.95 from
the phone co. which compares to MSN or AOL Dial ups.TV cable broadband is
steadily growing. Satellite broadband usage is increasing and is just slightly
more than DSL.  I look for  some technical issues along with the $250-$400
equipment to subside with continued usage.  Now, something very practical is
emerging  in rural America.  The use of UHF links for broadband is now
available in our area.  So why not fully develop existing technology? Why waste
time looking for new technologies when the need does not exist?2. Politics..
Electric companies are billion dollar corporations with enough politiical clout
be be guaranteed a profit ... no matter what.  The incorpoation of
 a new service is a gold mine which can be worked with utility users paying for
the development.  I wonder how many of or governmental represenatives know
what's happening..  The FCC is caught in the middle.  Their funding is very
tight.  Anyway this 20kV Broadband is a terrible idea and absoullty not
necessary!  Larry GreenbergN5BEA--- On Wed 03/03, Adam Farson &lt;
farson@shaw.ca &gt; wrote:From: Adam Farson [mailto: farson@shaw.ca]To:
tentec@contesting.comDate: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 20:16:56 -0800Subject: RE: [TenTec]
The Tea PartyHi Don,The tea will hit the water when a fully-laden airliner
crashes into amountainside because BPL screwed up its ADF, or another airliner
is lostover mid-Atlantic because ARINC could not hear its Mayday on HF comm.
overthe BPL roar, or - worst of all - when a terrorist attack goes down on
USsoil because BPL garbage radiated by PEPCO caused Ft. Meade to miss acritical
piece of intel transmitted via HF e-mail.It will be interesting to watch the
admin
 istration try to two-step any oneof these scenarios away - especially at
election time.Cheers for now, 73,Adam
VA7OJ/AB4OJhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/tentec_______________________________________________TenTec
 mailing
listTenTec@contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/tentec