Re: [TenTec] Problem updating Jupiter firmware

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Problem updating Jupiter firmware
From: Nick Yokanovich <k3ny@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 18:38:15 -0500
Still no joy.
The update program very very slowly processed the 1843 lines (COM 1, error checking off).
There was hope when a normal screen popped in on the Jupiter when 260 lines had been processed.
Before I tried a master reset, I activated my N4PY program, and the frequencies showing on the radio were transfered to the computer, but within a second or two, the radio screen turned to mush.
Master reset doesn't do anything visible.

Next I will try to download the 1.26 flash program again, on the chance that what I now have is corrupted.

Any other advice appreciated.

73
Nick K3NY
Happy owner of a C/22, Argosy I, Corsair I, Omni V, and (later maybe) a Jupiter