[TenTec] Transverter Key T/R hang time ?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Transverter Key T/R hang time ?
From: Ulrich Hilsinger <dh0ghu@dh0ghu.de>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 23:32:08 +0100
Hello,

I just connected my VHF system, consisting of a Transverter and amplifier, to my ORION.
My problem actually is the PTT line (key output) during CW transmission. While I can set a T/R hang time for the PA keying outputs 1 and 2 (menue option EXT T/R Delay 1 and 2), this doesn't seem to be possible for the transverter output. Which, of course, makes direct CW operation on VHF impossible, as usually, full-break-in is not possible with the usual component chain used in VHF contesting setups..

Am I wrong ? is there an easy way to get a T/R hang time for the transverter control ? the european vhf/uhf Contests starts in a bit more than 15 hours from now.... and manually switching on and off the transverter is somehow uncomfortable and time-consuming :)

73, Ulrich dh0ghu