Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Stability

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Stability
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 19:47:32 -0800 (PST)
Hi Bob,

Ten Tec performed the TCXO update for me, this
replaces the crystal oven idea and you can leave the
power supply off when the radio is not in use. It is
about $120 as I remember and worth every cent. The mod
does eliminate almost all of the initial drift, no
retune ever necessary for SSB/CW, minor retune for
digital if any.

-------------------------

Today's Beef - anyone else notice East Coast US
contest stations calling "CQ SSB contest - listening
DOWN - 7.035"? I've heard the DX stations doing it the
other way around (calling CQ on SSB "listening UP")
but never imagined the US stations would be so rude.

Guess their score seems more important to them than my
CW ragchew, but also imagine we should be happy when
the bands are being fully utilized with the BPL
spector looming.

de WB8YQJ

TenTec] Omni VI Stability
from [Robert Dwiggins II]
Hello,

I have an Omni VI/Opt 3 that I use mainly on PSK31.
When I first turn it on, it takes about 20 minutes for
it to become stable enough for use on PSK. After the
initial warm-up, it?s fine.  73,Bob