Re: [TenTec] Omni6+ and Opt3

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni6+ and Opt3
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 06:44:03 -0800
The OMNI-6 option 3 is said to be equivalent in specs to the plus. It has the same features. There are just a few small changes to the plus, all surface mounted components on the boards, the TCXO standard, a small change to the CW shift scheme. There are good reasons to want the older version (at home repairability is better, some think the "microchirp" issue is easier to deal with) and reasons to want the "real" plus (later production, surface mount technology, TCXO is already in there...)

I have the first run OMNI VI and had the factory do the option 3 upgrade. Oldest and newest at the same time. Either radio really gives you the OMNI experience.

Clark
WA3JPG