Re: [TenTec] 80 meter loops

To: Rick@dj0ip.de, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 80 meter loops
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:06:12 -0600
As a general conclusion, yes the lower dipole in an inverted V configuration
does appear to more omnidirectional.  The higher configuration is clearly
more directional but is difficult at best to make comparisons between the
two, specially true with regard to signals off of the ends.  FYI, both
dipoles are in the same plane being broadside east/west.  Apex angles are
roughly the same at 90 degrees,  This brings the ends of the lower antenna
almost to the ground. while the higher antenna ends are some 40 ft above
ground.

One often interesting observation is when I use both antennas at the same
time.  Local stations are still easily copied as well as stations over 1000
miles.  This observation is made while listening to the Oregon net on 3980
in the evening while at the same time listening to the TN net on 3980 and
hearing the stations to the south in N. GA an N. AL.

73
Bob, K4TAX