Re: [TenTec] IC 7800/FT2000D/TenTec-?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] IC 7800/FT2000D/TenTec-?
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 03:07:28 +0000
Doug is good, but I suspect Doug is not the only talent out there. From some
things I have seen there are some very good designers looking for work. So all
is not lost, by any means.

The questionaire that came around last summer indicates the factory is at least
thinking about the next generation high end rig, but after all the criticism of
the Orion's delivery time I would think they would keep mum about it until they
were ready to take the first orders. However, I am also pretty sure someone is
keeping track of the wish list!

Personally, I would like to see a dual receive rig with identical receivers and
perhaps SO2R switching and filtering built in. And  dual memory tuners. Wide
range ones.

I don't need a color display, but twice as many "send's" would be nice - as
would a separate AGC threshold control. I suppose the next generation will have
to have PTT CW, although it's a feature I do not and would not use. An
autonotch a bit closer to the Omni VI's would be a hit.

A built in Ethernet adapter would suit some, but I would be satisfied with a
USB port instead of an RS232. What else?

Full time dual sweep?  It would probably have to have dual processors, but what
the heck! While we are wishing we might as well wish big.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E