Re: [TenTec] Orion vs. RX-340 TT Rcvrs.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion vs. RX-340 TT Rcvrs.
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 19:56:28 -0500
> These two radios are just different!  The 340 has only
> the single wide front end roofing filter, a pair of 2-pole 16 kHz
> crystal filters.

At one time, I believe Carl had modified his 340 with a switchable 4 kHz
roofing filter, similar to the Orion.  So, with that filter installed, I
suspect performance is equal to the Orion except in cases where the Orion's
narrower roofing filter is required (if ever).  But with Carl's 4 kHz
filter, receiver performance would be equal to the best performance of the
new ICOM-7800.

-Paul, W9AC