Re: [TenTec] Filter question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Filter question
From: Jim <jlboockh@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 06:37:18 -0600
Vern-

I saw no reponse on the reflector from someonw more knowledgable, so maybe I can help

The Ten Tec filter for digital modes is the 216. It has a passband that aligns over the mark and space signals in RTTY. Ten Tec no longer sells it, so you'll have to find an individual with one for sale. They show up occasionally on the reflector--I just bought one that way.

I don't have a 217, but it has a different center frequency that places the passband over a CW tone. You won't be able to hear a RTTY signal with it inserted in the audio train. At least that is true with the INRAD 400 hz filter I use instead of the TT 217.

You can use the Ten Tec 285 filter with RTTY, but you have to adjust the Omni Passband Tuning control to the 3 o'clock position to hear RTTY. Then you have to readjust it when you go back to CW.

Jim N4AL

Vern Kunes wrote:
Looking for a 500hz filter for digital modes (mainly psk and rtty from my
computer) for the first if of my Omni 6 option 3. Will the 217 filter work, or
am I looking for a different one? Also, does anyone got a 218 filter that they
want to sell? Please email me off the reflector. Thanks.
Vern  N2YZS