Re: First dot (was Re: [TenTec] Orion in action)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: First dot (was Re: [TenTec] Orion in action)
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:14:30 -0000
Yes, they are all shortened.  In the tentec keying scheme, all dits and dahs
are the first one.  The Orion needs to keep the keying held down for about 8
milliseconds longer when the key line is released.  The current scheme keys
the radio about 20 milliseconds after the key line is grounded but only
holds the keying output for about 12 milliseconds after the key line is
released.  This should be able to be corrected in a future firmware release.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC