Re: [TenTec] BPL Update

To: johnclif@ix.netcom.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] BPL Update
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:16:00 -0600
You should think about how a power company, who probably already does a
poor job of responding to noise complaints today is going to respond to
complaints about a completely new technology (to them) and how that can
go dreadfully wrong.  How about complaints from users that their new BPL
service keeps suffering outages - will they be told it's because of Joe
Ham down the road from them?  Think about how these situations could be a
disaster for ham radio, and then respond to the current dockett on the
FCC response system with suggestions on how the companies could be
regulated in a way that would reduce or eliminate those problems.  That's
what this is all about now, and we need to give input that could help
them make the right decisions.  Then send the same letter with
introductory information to your congressmen and senators.  Mine is
already sent, but we need lots of good, thoughtful input.

        73,  Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas