[TenTec] OMNI-6+ and 963 supply

To: "Ten Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI-6+ and 963 supply
From: "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:05:28 -0600
FYI...

I have recently swapped my trusty 961 with a 963 supply and had a real
quirk take place. Only on 17M does the OMNI-6+ infrequently Lock Up
tight as a drum, with the CW side tone in my ears. All functions get
disabled. A partial reset fixes it. This happens while receiving.
Interesting. Maybe a 'spur' signal makes it from the 963 into the
microprocessor? Few hams are probably using OMNI-6+ with the 963, so
this 17M lock up may have gone unnoticed till now.

This brings another thought to mind. Is it possible the 963 may be
locking up other rigs as well, e.g., Orion or Jupiter??

73,    Roy        K6XK/0          Iowa