[TenTec] OMNI 6+ oscillating on 80 meter ??

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI 6+ oscillating on 80 meter ??
From: DK2GZ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 05:03:34 EST
Hello

my OMNI 6+ is maybe oscillating on 80 meter.

I can here my tx-signal very wide on 80 meter, about 500 KHZ up and down on a
second receiver.
Also the external SWR-bridge shows a bad SWR, but the internal SWR-bridge
shows good SWR.
So I think the OMNI is transmitting somewhere else out of the band.

Did also readjust the the 80 meter coil(L13) on the local osciallator board,
81595.

Think the PLL is not fuly locked on 80 meter.

Sometimes the "osciallting" is gone and the external SWR-bridge shows good
SWR and on the external
RX the signal is only a few KHZ to hear.

I have checked the coax, it is ok, use the same setup with an other
TRX(K2/100) external SWR-bridge
shows good SWR. (just put the PL-plug on the K2/100, no further coax-switch
in line)

Hw?

73 de Harry, DK2GZ