Re: [TenTec] Orion mic connections

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion mic connections
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:44:01 +0000
Torrey, the 9V line is to provide voltage for the mike preamp. So you don't
have to use a 9V transistor battery with the 705 - the 706 comes with no
provisions for a battery.

Speaking of 705's most of mine are actually the Ten Kit version with a jack for
an external element and a toggle switch to supplement the
tiring-to-use-during-a-contest grey button. Those suffering from "the
rhumatics" will appreciate that last comment - others may wonder.

I used an different curly cord and a right angle 4 pin connector on mine and I
don't remember how I have them hooked up. At any rate they all work FB with my
Orion so I guess I will open one up and see.

73  Pete Allen

--
Never squat with your spurs on