RE: [TenTec] IC7800

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] IC7800
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:58:04 -0500
> Isn't it interesting we are discussing the 7800 on the TenTec
> reflector?

And the Orion shows up over there.  Most often the Icom guys show
up lurking over here .. guess theey want to make sure their tribe still
has the biggest chief or something :-)

> If the ICOM gains the 'reliability' & 'Performance' edge, then there
> will be many used Orions on the market

Yes, like every Orion owner will dump it for a couple of extra dB and
plunk down another $7-8000.  Not likely.

> Yuri
> might have been real close to right with his analysis of the Orion

(cough)

It isn't an "us versus them" thing guys ... Good grief.  It's no wonder
the medical community hasn't identified "hypertensive radio
disorder" as a mainstream problem for the modern ham ....

Grant/NQ5T