[TenTec] Rig Blaster Connection To Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rig Blaster Connection To Orion
From: "Merle Bone" <merlebone@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:31:45 -0500
I just wanted to let other Orion owners know that I completed a Rig-Blaster
Plus interface to the Orion today.
I bought the 4 Pin to 8 Pin conversion kit with the Rig-Blaster Plus. The
jumper drawing, which comes with the 4 Pin to 8 Pin conversion kit, which
says for all Ten-Tec, is incorrect. I contacted Ten-Tec and got the correct
pin out for the microphone connector (Even drawing 2-5, in the manual, is
ambiguous due to the - and +  indications). Pin 1 is microphone audio and
pin 2 is microphone ground. You have to run additional cable wires (On the
outside of the cables) to carry Push-to-talk Ground from the microphone to
the Rig-Blaster Plus and to the Orion. I sent the correct Rig-Blaster Jumper
data to West Mountain Radio.
The Rig blaster works great for PSK, TTY and computer generated CW.

Merle Bone
W0EWM