[TenTec] virus alert

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] virus alert
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 20:23:29 +0000
Just got a rather irate E-mail from a list member stating I had sent him a
virus and demanding I fix it. There's a couple of problems with that beginning
with the fact I have never sent the gent any mail, E or otherwise.

Second, I update Norton daily, make it scan all outgoing traffic before it's
sent, scan the computer daily, delete and overwrite all internet clutter daily
- and Steve Gibson's grc.com "probe my ports" says this computer is in full
stealth mode. ALL the ports are sealed up tight and you can bet it will stay
that way. So I don't think the source of the problem comes from here.

Therefore it appears we have another "spoofing virus" to deal with. These
things take some unsuspecting victim's address book and send copies of itself
to everyone on the list. So be careful of what you open and how you open it.

If you get an E-mail from me, handle with especial caution.  Except for rare
circumstances I don't send personal E-mails.

73 and do be careful  Pete Allen  AC5e

--
Never squat with your spurs on