RE: [TenTec] new TenTec software 3.170

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] new TenTec software 3.170
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 20:50:56 -0400
W8JI made that comment before the 1.370 firmware release. In previous
releases, the rise time setting had no effect at speeds of 30ms or greater,
or when an external keyer was used at any speed. In those cases, it
defaulted to 3ms. Since there's a 2ms discrepance between the setting and
the actual rise time, in those cases the the actual rise time was 1ms. That
would definitely cause clicks. There should be no problem with clicks in
1.370 with rise time set to 7ms or higher.

73, Dick WC1M