Re: [TenTec] 1.370 software

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 1.370 software
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 19:39:47 -0400
Nope, not all of us did. v1.37 working OK for me, but I'm just a plain ole
CW guy!

Main thing I don't like is v1.37 killed about 15 wpm off of the top end
sending speed, so it's now limited to about 56 wpm without glitches and the
sensivity of the VFO A knob in the menu's makes a menu pick a real challenge
without three glasses of wine.

Working split VFO in CW seems to have been cured as it has not happened in
several days of split operating, for which I'm grateful. Don't operate much
phone, so have not even looked into those operations.

I'd say that in trying to fix almost 30 firmware problems, they did a pretty
darned good job. There's not many high speed CW op's around so I doubt
seriously they would even consider returning at least another 10 wpm to the
top end. And so it goes!

Tom - W4BQF