Re: [TenTec] Dial cord replacement

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Dial cord replacement
From: Mike <wb9iog@revealed.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 21:44:27 -0500

Brian Haren wrote:
All,

Any recommendations for a good replacement for the dial cord used on
TT's vernier tuning radios (early Tritons, Omnis, etc.)? I'm looking
for replacements for both the elastic and non-elastic cord strings.
Yup, I
Brian
Can help some:
At a local fabric store I found the elastic cord.
Brand: Stretchtight
       Round Cord Elastic
       3960 appears to be a product number on the package
A lifetime supply 5 yards for $1.00

The other part I believe is dacron. The size is important so that
the indicator will move in sync. That really doesn't need replacement
unless abused. Remember it must wind up the shaft to position the
dial in the correct spot. The elastic is only for tension.
I've never had to replace the dacron.

Mike
Iowa